SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changes the tags for generic usage

I have a Table in a window with different elements like check boxes,drop down,option,text field etc.. all arranged
    in 8 columns,when I click "+" button another row number 2 of similar type is displayed below first row,if I click "+" further 3rd row will displayed it coninues so on,
    I recorded window declaration for first row,I want frame file to be generic and it should indentify any element in any row or in any columns,for this I need to change the tags for each Html object,Can anyone
    suggest me how to apporach(like using * in the tags)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Changes the tags for generic usage

to start off...just record frame only on table level and use table methods to manipulate input elements within.

------------------
    -gram
    -gram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give me more details <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gram:
    to start off...just record frame only on table level and use table methods to manipulate input elements within.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you give us a picture? Would be helpful to see what we are working with

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on the tags. I'm doing something very similar in my app, and since my controls are not neatly displayed in a table AND I've combined some similar screens in classes, I did the following:

- First, I use the windowID for my tags
    - for each new 'row', like controls are indexed in the windowID
    - that is, they end in something like "...$0" for the first row, "...$1" for the second, and so on
    - I declared 2 sets of controls, one always for the first row and the other for row 'n'
    - As in YourControl and YourControlN
    - row 'n' tags are a function call that passes the first part of the tag string to my function called GetIndexRow()
    - GetIndexRow() appends a data member variable to the string and returns the result
    - All you need do prior to calling YourControlN in your script is set the member variable for the row you want.
    - The first row keeps its tag unmodified and thus doesn't require the extra step
    - Yet you can use YourControlN to reference the first row in a loop if necessary

But it all depends on whether the window ID's for your controls will let you do this or not...

~ Fred

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gsreddy,

To expand on what gram said, take your declarations and stop with the table. Delete the individual cell recordings because as you have indicated that is dynamic content.

Then in your script, you can use Table methods (look in the library browser) to learn everything you need to know about that table. You can count rows and columns, you can get contents of specific cells, you can click them, you can get the headings of the columns, you can find out which cell has focus, etc. You don't need to have anything declared beyond the table to do these things.

Keep the faith!!

------------------