SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Objects on a CustWin that can not be seen

Here's one I have not dealt with in a while so any information would be helpful. I have a Powerbuilder app with a toold bar that has numerous types of pushbuttons. In Silk Test with all the dll's and .exes pluged in to the extensions I only see this toolbar as a CustWin but it does not see the buttons inside it or on it. Any thoughts of recognizing the buttons on the toolnar besides making the buttons cordinate driven?

------------------
    Bob Ferrell
    Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer
    Bob Ferrell
    Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Objects on a CustWin that can not be seen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rgferrell4:
    Here's one I have not dealt with in a while so any information would be helpful. I have a Powerbuilder app with a toold bar that has numerous types of pushbuttons. In Silk Test with all the dll's and .exes pluged in to the extensions I only see this toolbar as a CustWin but it does not see the buttons inside it or on it. Any thoughts of recognizing the buttons on the toolnar besides making the buttons cordinate driven?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're quite sure that the object is a ToolBar, change its declaration from CustomWin to ToolBar and try a native ToolBar method.

If that doesn't work, you can consider Record/Class operations to see what method-options are available to you. At the same time, you should query your developers about how you might interact with this object.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Objects on a CustWin that can not be seen

If you cant get it to recognize as a toolbar class(and thus not inherit those methods) you can try declaring the buttons but with row and column declaration. What I mean is if you have a toolbar that has 1 row of buttons and there are 10 buttons on the toolbar. Now you want the 4th button you would define it like this:
    the syntax for this type of tag is (column:total-columns, row:total-rows)

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.