JCC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems running datadriven scripts

Hi

I am quite new to Silk Test and are having some problems with datadriven scripts.

When I try to run my Datadriven script from .g.t file my agent stops at: DB_Fetchnext(H2097152!, {NULL, NULL, NULL..... etc}
    When I try to run my script from my pln file an error is issued: "Arguments to testcase Test are not valid".
    Note that I am not parsing any arguments and should be, when running the script.
    My pln file looks something like this:

[-] Add Customer
    [ ] script: ....\test.g.t
    [ ] ddatestcase: DD_Test
    [ ] ddatestdata: ALL_ROWS_FOR_ALL_TABLES

I am trying to get the data from an xls file. My xls file contains 5 tables where I use two of them. My script is aware of this. One table is used for one Window and another table is used in another window.

The header of my testcase looks something like this:

testcase DD_Test (REC_DATALIST_DD_Test rData) appstate Test

What am I missing??

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

------------------

[This message has been edited by JCC (edited 01-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by JCC (edited 01-14-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems running datadriven scripts

Hi JCC,
    Could u be more specific. It may be good idea if you can post ur testcase, if it is not big.
    I think in general, it could be something to do with Validation of DB_Fetch_Next statement.

------------------
    Murali K Parepalli

JCC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just figured it out myself

There was an incompatible between two datatypes. I set a "year" variable to string but ST thinks that the year field in the xls file is not a string even though I set the entire column to be a string....

[This message has been edited by JCC (edited 01-15-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a common issue about storing test data inside an XLS file. If you are storing dates or numbers in the cells of the spreadsheet, these values need to be typed in using a " ' " before the text so that Excel will treat it as text. Otherwise the ODBC driver grabs the values as they are defined and when the are Transferred into SilkTest they retain their unique datatypes.

You could also change the DataDriveTC.inc (or create a new one based on that one) so that it will read the data from the datasource into a LIST OF STRING instead of a LIST OF ANYTYPE if you only want to deal with STRINGS.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com