User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE crashes when running ST 6.0 scripts

IE crashes when running SilkTest test cases with ST 6.0 and had to restart IE, happens very often.

The application I'm trying to automate is a web-based portal application.

Has anyone experience anything similar to this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    bigtiger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: IE crashes when running ST 6.0 scripts

I am also seeing this on one machine in our test lab. I thought maybe it had something to do with the browser that was loaded. I uninstalled IE 6.0 completely and then reinstalled it. However I am still seeing the errors. The message received from IE is also not very helpful it just tells me to restart.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but I am not sure if this is really a Silk Test issue.

Do you see this on other machines as well?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several reason for this. I have seeing this before with IE5. It turns out to be the patches IE uses. IE6 has all the patches of IE5 so you are stuck with the problem.

I believe this is strickly related to the fact IE crashes it self while surfing the net. So using it through Silk is no more different. There are errors that can't be resolved. This might be one of them.

Can you provide more details. Like is it always crashing at the same place, or is it random. What is the last step it was doing. What's the content of your web page before it crashed. Does it crash while running in debug mode. Is it timing related. What have you tried. What os are you using.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several reason for this. I have seeing this before with IE5. It turns out to be the patches IE uses. IE6 has all the patches of IE5 so you are stuck with the problem.

I believe this is strickly related to the fact IE crashes it self while surfing the net. So using it through Silk is no more different. There are errors that can't be resolved. This might be one of them.

Can you provide more details. Like is it always crashing at the same place, or is it random. What is the last step it was doing. What's the content of your web page before it crashed. Does it crash while running in debug mode. Is it timing related. What have you tried. What os are you using.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem occurs on 3 different machines running W2K with IE 6 and ST 6.0.0.1[5] and
    WinNT with IE 6 and ST 5.0

IE not crashing when just running my portal app; but crash when running ST test scripts on my portal app with IE. And I realize most of the time IE crashes when Silk closes a pop-up windows and clicking "Logout".
    bigtiger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen this before if you're testing with Java applets, and the SilkTest_Java2.jar is not in the ext directory of the JRE plugin.

If you're not testing with Java then I have no clue...

------------------
    Steven Tyler
    SQA Automation Team Manager
    Workforce Central Group
    Kronos Incorporated
    E-Mail: styler@kronos.com
    www.kronos.com
    Improving the Performance of People and Business™
    Steven Tyler
    Manager - Performance Engineering

Kronos Incorporated
    tel: +1 978 947 4219

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it consistent? i.e. can you reproduce this the same way every time?

This is important to determine. If it is, then as GK suggested above, set some strategic break points and step into the code examining each call as it is made.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've run into SilkTest crashing (by disappearning) as I was trying to edit a script. it has happened so many times and it is really annoying. it usually happens when i am trying to edit the my include file path inside my script.

------------------

[This message has been edited by nika27 (edited 01-13-2003).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, it is a Java portal application; and the file SilkTest_Java2.jar is in JavaEx dir.

------------------
    bigtiger
    bigtiger

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We found the same thing for one of our projects. The 'freeze point' is consistent across all clients tested on. Our developers are looking at their code. You may ask your developers to look at their codes (if the error is reproducible at the same point).

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast