SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drawing Application on Linux SilkBean

I have created a test script for a Java application that allows you to draw in a blank area. It works fine on Windows platforms. :-( But when I try to run the same script against the same Java applications on Linux using the SilkBean 5.0.2 the buttons get selected and executed, but the drawing function does not happen. The test case passes and I can see the mouse moves being executed in the Status window. But the mouse is not moving in the window on Linux, and of course no drawing takes place.
    Of course, this may be due to the way Linux operates, but is there anyway I can force the mouse to move and draw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Drawing Application on Linux SilkBean

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anyway to force the mouse to actually move. The SilkBean is placing events into the Java event queue, not actually moving the mouse. This is a difference between the behavior of the SilkBean vs. the SilkTest agent.

-John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Drawing Application on Linux SilkBean

The SilkBean help text includes this:

"If you are testing AWT controls, do not use low-level methods to simulate mouse and keyboard events. Due to the limitations of platform-specific implementations of AWT controls, low-level events are not supported. Instead, use high-level methods when possible."

Regards,
    Martin
    "Not every solution was derived to address an obvious problem" - Me (quite recently indeed)