SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Help: Need to select a row in a table

Hi,
    I have a HtmlTable and I want to select a row given by its number. Currently Iam able to select only First row even if I give the row number as 2 also.

This is my line of code ,
    ChildWindowName.tablename.ColumnName.HtmlText(sRow Val).Click()

Note: sRowVal is the row number (2).

------------------

Re: Help: Need to select a row in a table

You should be using the following statement if you are sure that the HtmlText index is sequencial (matches with row number) all the time in this column.

int iRowVal=2
    ChildWindowName.tablename.ColumnName.HtmlText("#{i RowVal}").Click()

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply rkamani.
    I still have the same problem even if I use the HtmlText("#{rowVal}").Click()

------------------

You need to check whether each link in this column is inside the same htmltable OR not. Try recording actions & click on link in row 2 & 3 and see what is recorded. Based on this if you can find the uniqueness of link tag in the column, you will be able to click on it.

Please post the actions you recorded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try getting a rectangle on that HtmlText in that row. Then to a click on that coordinate. I find this method to be much more reliable.

------------------