SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Java support in SilkTest5.5

Hi all,

I am a Newbie in silk test. I want to test a java application developed using awt and swing. I have configured java support and status utility does not gives me any error. When i use windows declaration for my application it says its a sun awt canvas but does not recognize any object in that.
    I tried help given in silk documentation but it seems i am missing something.
    I am using win2k proffessional.

any help/guidance is appriciated.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Java support in SilkTest5.5

I heard Silktest60's config AUT makes configure Java Extension a lot easier.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RTG,

Java testing with Silk can drive you nuts if you let it, but once you get it configured properly it works fairly well. Keep the faith!!

The key is the Segue jar file. You MUST have that thing in the classpath, and 9.5 times out if ten when you are having problems with Silk and Java it is becaue that file has been punted out of the classpath.

How is your application being invoked? Look closely at that and see if the application is "re-establishing" the classpath.

------------------

Thanks for ur interest in the subject. I would like u to know that my classpath and jar is not the problem as i am not getting any error in the status utility provided by marimba.
    even if I invoke the sample application that comes with the Silk test 5.5, I am not able to figure out the objects.
    Please suggest me something else
    Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RTG:
    Thanks for ur interest in the subject. I would like u to know that my classpath and jar is not the problem as i am not getting any error in the status utility provided by marimba.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is Marimba? For what its worth, the JavaEx\Status\status.html DOES NOT apply to Java applications. It only reports the Java version that is imbedded in whatever Browser you used to invoke it.

There are numerous posts here on how to configure Silk and Java applications. As DJ noted, the essence of all of them is placement of the silktest_java?.jar file. Without it Silk cannot interact with your application.

A second critical requirement is that Silk knows exactly what that Java application is called in the Task Manager Process window if it is named other than java.exe or javaw.exe.
    This is handled by Silk Options/Extensions dialog and its companion the Extensions Enabler in the Start/Programs/Silktest folder.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I did in the past when I ran into problem...You might want to check the following path under your Java app, ...\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1(orWhateverVersionYouAreUsin g)\lib\ext\ and make sure the ext folder contains a copy of the SilkTest_Java1(or2).jar that was mentioned above. If it's not there, copy a copy from your SilkTest app directory into it. Reboot pc and try again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen parts of Java windows declared a awt canvas in some of the products that I work with. What I have discovered through the developers is that the window is created using components embedded into the canvas. Unfortunately, I still do not know how to get to the buttons, text in the canvas. I am working with Segue tech support on the problem and can post with news.

------------------