SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dynamic enable stills says not enabled

I've got a Web dialog where a checkbox is disabled initially and only enabled if a particular radio button is selected.

I can select the radio button, I can see the check box enable, but when I try to programatically SetState() on the checkbox it says:

*** Error: Window 'blah blah blah' is not enabled

Oddly, the problem will sometimes go away for a while, then start occuring again. I've tried simply waiting until it's enabled, but it waits forever. Either it sees it enabled, or it doesn't and the state doesn't change.

I'm using SilkTest 6.0.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dynamic enable stills says not enabled

The "blah blah blah" part is the checkbox itself. It gives that error when you try to "checkbox.SetState()" and the checkbox isn't enabled. Well, in this case it is enabled, but Silktest doesn't seem to know it.

I've tried waiting for the parent window to be ready, I've tried doing a SetActive on the parent window. I've tried pausing before and after the radio selection.

Nothing seems to help. It seems timing related, but I don't think it's timing I can control. Like I said, if it doesn't see it enabled no amount of waiting will help.

I've just given up testing that part of that page with Silktest .

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Place this command in the script before the action you want to perform on the object -
    That will keep silktest from checking to see if the object is enabled before acting on it. Silk does have problems with verify the states of objects in html tables. Before silk performs any action on an object it will check to see if it is enabled unless you turn off the agent option.

You should turn the check back on after you are done with the problem child as it is a good idea to perform the check usually.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could swear I turned off verify and it didn't change the behavior. But, I'll try again.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be going through the process too fast. Could you try putting in a sleep state of 1 second and see if the problem still arises?

Also, the error that came up, "Window 'blah blah blah' " Is this the window where the radio and check buttons reside? If so, try putting a SetActive() to the window before the step where the problem appears. Let us know the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

i am so facing the same problem.
    Its really a major issue
    We dont want to turn the AGetn option flag off.

has anyone found the solution.
    Please help.

Thanks.