User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enabled ActiveX gives error

Hello,
    I wonder if anyone has experienced the following problem: an application written in VB (with ActiveX used)wouldn't even start, giving the error message "The memory could not be "read"" if the ActiveX is enabled from the Start/Programs/SilkTest/ExtensionEnabler.

If it's disabled in the mentioned above location and enabled only in the Options/Extension - no problem encounters but Silk can not see the VB classes.

I am wondering if it's the application's problem (even though the programmer could not find the cause), the OS system (W2K) or the version of Silk used (5.5)?

Thank you.

Re: Enabled ActiveX gives error

I encountered the same issue with one of the VB apps I have been automating. I contacted Segue tech support. They wanted me to send the app to them. I couldn't send it without an NDA.

You can try setting environment variables QAP_AGENT_DEBUG=1 and QAP_DEBUG_AGENT=1, restart Silk and App. This would generate c:\debug.log. Check this debug.log and c:\winnt\drwtsn32.log to get some clue on what is going on. DON'T forget to remove the environment variables once your research is done, as debug.log size grows to megabytes in minutes.

I waited for a month and in the mean time ST 6.0 released. When I tried with ST 6.0 the problem doesn't exists.

My suggestion is to upgrade to at least 5.5.3.1 [1047] if not 6.0.