SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GA SilkTest Release 6.0.0.1.[4] - getting the browser popup window properties FAILS.

Capturing (recording) properties (CTRL-ALT) on all of my browser popup windows in my web app. fails =>I get the "Unable to get window properties" popup message.

I upgraded to the latest patch to have all the fixes mentioned in the release notes included.But it seems that what was working in previous release is now broken in this case.

Anybody else facing the same problem ?

Thxs,
    Liviu Pop

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GA SilkTest Release 6.0.0.1.[4] - getting the browser popup window properties FAILS.

6.0.0.1 didn't fix any of the problems I was having with loss of injection when touching menus.
    We live in hope...
    ok, fair enough we live in England.

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GA SilkTest Release 6.0.0.1.[4] - getting the browser popup window properties FAILS.

Thanks John, the whole test lab got a laugh out of that one.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thxs guys !

I just logged this bug with Segue Support.

Let's see how it goes.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too wasted a couple of hours upgrading to 6.0.0.1 in the hope that it would solve my popup menu recognition problem.
    No such luck -- submenus still appear as discombobulated MenuItems in captionless DialogBoxes that are really hard to recognize reliably.

Should I waste more time talking to Segue support ?

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobKapteyn:
    I too wasted a couple of hours upgrading to 6.0.0.1 in the hope that it would solve my popup menu recognition problem.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob,

Is this the same problem you were working April...November last year? If so can you provide an operating example of it?

I've found that the key to working with Java popups is to NOT use PopupSelect().

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

Here's the solution:

Segue came up with a new patch today
    I desinstalled the older version 6.0.0.1[4] and installed the new patched version SilkTest 6.0.0.1[5].
    I can now again get the browser popup window properties.

------------------