SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIERD BEHAVIOUR WITH \"CLICK()\"

I am testing application written in VB. When my script clicks Command Button on VB Form it frezees both application, and silktest.

Another option of using click(1,1,1,true)generates an error. Application under test closes, and Silk generates an error (as it tries to continue with application, but application is not present).

NOTE: I refered to following discussion: http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/001922.html

I tried the alternative that were sugested but it does not seem to be working. Thank you in advance for your help.

Devang.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WIERD BEHAVIOUR WITH \"CLICK()\"

I've seen a similar problem to this in the past. Essentially SilkTest tried clicking on the button and then it waits for a reply notification that the click worked. If the object doesn't respond then SilkTest reports "control is not responding". In rare cases the application may not respond and SilkTest may get stuck waiting for the application to respond.

This might work for you:
    Basically you use the MoveMouse to move the cursor to the PushButton. Then ask SilkTest to figure out where on the screen the mouse is pointing at. Then we tell SilkTest to ignore the fact that when we click on the desktop that your application's pushbutton is going to be in the way. Next we click on the desktop at the same location that the pushbutton is in. Windows interprets the click as going to the pushbutton because it is on top. Best idea is to use this code in a method for the button that is giving you the problem.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to create a little vb test app which will send WM_CLICK to the button prior to clicking you will have to get a handle to the button then send a message using the handle and see what happens.

Is clicking that button starts another executable? which creates its own UI?

pushbutton.movemouse might also cause it to hang. in that case rget positions and do a desktop.move mouse. I know it has already gotten very ugly but that it how it is with record and play back tools.

[This message has been edited by AUTOMATION_GURU (edited 12-16-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the following option:

PushButton.MoveMouse ()
    POINT p = Cursor.GetPosition ()
    BOOLEAN bBefore = Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_EXPOSED, FALSE)
    Desktop.Click (1, p.x, p.y)
    Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_EXPOSED, bBefore)

As soon as script executes Desktop.Click()
    it hangs. So any suggestion as to what else can I try.

Can you (Automation_Guru) please explain the following (I am not strong on VB side, and I have started with silk)

try to create a little vb test app which will send WM_CLICK to the button prior to clicking you will have to get a handle to the button then send a message using the handle and see what happens.
    Is clicking that button starts another executable? which creates its own UI?

Thank you both for your help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe that this one is limited to Visual Basic. I've run into test-run stopping hangs with Click() and Clipboard.GetText() commands doing looped SelectAll/Copy operations with DOS windows.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys,

Let me give some more details. VB application that I am testing has 5 tabs. window pops up when I select particular value on first page.

I tried invoking the pop-up (Using hot key) from middle of second page. To my surprise Click() command worked fine.

My thought is that when the pop-up window was called from first page, and silk tried clicking the OK command button, application didn't know where to go??? But that's not the case when I test same scenario manually. I have found a way around. But I would definately like to know why it doesn't work from first page.

Thanks,
    Devang.

------------------