User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need to delete existing values in the Textbox

Hi Guys,

I have experienced problem with SilkTest5.5.
    My requirement is, already existing indepent windows application. The SilkTest5.5 does not recoganize the control. In that same application will have Textbox control and also have some existing value. I need to delete the existing value in the Textbox and need to put new value in the same Textbox. I tried, Ctrl+A key, Ctrl+Del key and etc. I could not able to delete the existing value. So that the value which I'm going entered is getting entered after the existing value in the Textbox. Pls suggestion good solutions.

I hope, you guys are understood if not pls let me know.
    Adv. thanks - Ands.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need to delete existing values in the Textbox

Are you saying that ST5.5 is not recognising your textfield, and so you are using TypeKeys function.
    On win2K, 'Ctrl-A' followed by 'Delete' works. Not Ctrl-Delete.
    If this is not the help you need, please explain,
    good luck

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need to delete existing values in the Textbox

It sounds like there is a lot of extra information in your original post. From what I gather, your SetText() method is appending the text to whatever is there?

This should not happen, as SetText("Any Text") should replace whatever is there with "Any Text".

However, never say never. So perhaps you should try using the ClearText() method on the text field, then using SetText() to set your new value.

~ Fred

------------------