SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to make a test plan using silk test??

i simply cant understand how to make a test plan useing silk test....yes of course i've seen the help and also run the demo but even then coudlnt find something effective. the thing is i'm new in this field and my boss has given me an assignment to give a demo on "How to use silk test"..........simply seems impossible!!! but i know i can do it!!!! so will any one help me???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: how to make a test plan using silk test??

Why don't you give specifics on the problems you are having. You created the testplan file by selecting File/New and then selecting the TestPlan option. So what happens next?

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want to how i can make a test plan for a web site. the web site is a web portal meant for daily communication, discussion, event and document uploading of an organization, the first screen is login page after that a page with a number of tabs open each tab has it's own module. there is no home page displayed after the user logs in; though the first tab is openned.
    now there are a few things i want to know concerning a test plan.
    1. do i have to make test plan for each and every screen/ operation on the site.
    2. how would i make test plans of the screens used for viewing information, deleting certain documents etc...
    what sequence should i follow while making a test plan...i.e. test frames,then test paln and then test cases /or/ test plan,then test frmaes and then test cases????

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Above is a small, simple example of a testplan.
    If you want you can write the testcases first and then reference them in the testplan, or you could use the writing of a testplan to give you a broad overview before you plunge into the nitty gritty of writing the testcases themselves.
    Note that a testplan can reference testcases from any script (*.t)
    You can also add categories to your testplans which allows you to run just the tests in a certain category (see example)
    You can also have you testplan calling other testplans (subplans).
    Testcases are where all your hard work is done. Testplans simply reference your testcases, executing them as your plan dictates.

------------------

[This message has been edited by johntest (edited 12-13-2002).]
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al