SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Silk is not able to invoke an application when IE4OCX is enabled...

Sorry! I forgot to include the error message. The error message is "DataSource named prod could not be found. Check your configuration file.". This error message comes only when the IE4OCX is enabled.

************************************************** ****************************************

I have automated tests for a Siebel (6.x)application. To invoke the application I am using a batch file. Some of the tests I have automated uses browser inside this Siebel application. For this purpose, I had to add siebel.exe to extensions and enable the IE4OCX along with ActiveX option.

When I invoke the app without the extension, Silk invokes the app and all the tests run except the ones that uses the browser.

When I invoke the app with the extension enabled, Silk tries to invoke the app but throws an error. This stops all the scripts from running. When I disable the extension, the scripts run fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.

[This message has been edited by rkamani (edited 12-10-2002).]

Re: Silk is not able to invoke an application when IE4OCX is enabled...

Though I couldn't find a solution for this issue, I found a workaround which works perfect.

For all the testcases that doesn't use the IE4OCX option, I used the following code before starting the app.

Similar way, I used the following code for all the test cases that require IE4OCX extension.