SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot keys for opening child windows in an app are not working with TypeKeys method

I have a C++ application with push buttons on it. When I click on each of these buttons using mouse it opens an application.

I have a test where I have to validate whether the applications can be invoked using HotKeys from the C++ app instead of mouse click on the button.

When I manually tried the HotKeys it works fine. Example: When I try "<Ctrl-Shift-F1>", it opens first application.

I tried the following combinations and was unsuccessful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hot keys for opening child windows in an app are not working with TypeKeys method

Compile the test. Open Record/Actions, perform a hot key sequence, then compare what you've coded to what Silk wrote.

John

------------------

Re: Hot keys for opening child windows in an app are not working with TypeKeys method

I tried recording the actions and here is the code...

While recording the actions Silk recorded the above code. When I ran the script, the script is passed without any errors but the app was never invoked. But, when I do the same manually the app gets invoked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found similar problem with Microsoft Anti-Virus Outlook exchange.

See the dialogbox, but can't dismiss it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this form:

John

------------------

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 12-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 12-06-2002).]

This is Great! It works perfect with this code.

Thanks a lot John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come that agent option has any effect on a TypeKeys command? The manual reckons it should only have an effect on low-level mouse actions?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vincebowdren:
    How come that agent option has any effect on a TypeKeys command?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know the specifics of why it works but it apparently puts Silk into some sort of "raw mode" as far as keyboard entry is concerned. Last April I was having difficulty with TypeKeys with accelerator sequences (57759). This was Segue Support's solution for that problem. They also suggested that the setting be returned to normal immediately after, hence the withoptions block.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked this method against Anti-virus and works too.

Thanks, guys.

Mhwee

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John J. Miller:
    I don't know the specifics of why it works but it apparently puts Silk into some sort of "raw mode" as far as keyboard entry is concerned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look at http://support.segue.com/kb.php?q=1198,628

The first KB link is the document to which you refer. If you want to really get into the internals of TypeKeys for complex key typing (e.g. hold down left ALT, press shift, press PrintScreen, release printscreen, release shift, release alt) then the second KB link will give you all you need.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast