User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote execution of Silk script

Hi

I need to make a connection to a remote machine and execute a silk script. I can use the 'Connect()' function. I tried using it, but i get the error message "Socket connection refused".

I have made the following settings in the 'Runtime' options.

Agent name: (none)
    Network: TCP/IP

Are these the only prerequisites to be set on the host machine? Is there any setting to be made on the remote machine also.

How do i go about coding the script on the host and remote machine? I could spwan a process in the host machine and make a connection to the remote machine and use a 'rendezvous' statement because the result that the script on the remote machine gives, will be used by my calling script and certain comparisons will be done.

Please guide me with the procedure to achieve my objective.

Thanks in advance,

Nikilesh

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Remote execution of Silk script

You need to enable the Agent on the target machine as well, TCP/IP, 2965, then pass the machine name (will display on target agent) that you want to connect to.

Proceed with standard distributed functions.

------------------
    If it can walk on water, it's probably SilkTest.
    If it can walk on water, it's probably SilkTest.