User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Odd Enable Issue

Try this:

1. Load the test file and Use Run/Compile All.

2. Open the Record/Actions dialog and click on that checkbox. Compare the Silk-generated code with your code paying particular attention to whether Silk uses either your declared name or a dynamic instance in the form of CheckBox("instance name").

The latter would indicate that the tag for that checkbox is incorrect.

John

------------------

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 12-05-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd Enable Issue

Greetings,

I have an odd issue with SilkTest 5.5.3.1 [1047] that I suspect is a bug but wish to post here to see what the user community thinks. I'm using the IE 6 DOM extension against IE 6.0.2600.0000 (whatever that means).

I have an HTML page with a set of radio buttons and a table beneath that contains a set of checkboxes, among other things. When the page is initially loaded, none of the checkboxes are enabled. When a certian radio button is selected, all the checkboxes are enabled.

My testcase clicks the radio button that enables the set of checkboxes, and then aims to check one of them. The problem is that I always get a "Window '[HtmlCheckBox]#5|[HtmlCheckBox]$useGroup?10?' is not enabled exception logged. The testcase always fails.

I have attempted to explicitly turn the OPT_VERIFY_ENABLED (and OPT_VERIFY_ACTIVE, though that should be irrelevant) off using the Agent.SetOption method before the HtmlCheckBox.{Check|Click|Toggle} is called. I have placed the statement in its own recording block. I have ensured that the identifier isn't supposed to be nested under any other identifiers. All to no avail.

Has anyone else had problems manipulating these Agent options with HtmlCheckBoxes?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
    -Ben
    -Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for replying. I already tried that and found that I was indeed specifying the tag correctly. I have sent a reproducible testcase to Segue support. I'm awaiting their response.

------------------
    -Ben
    -Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmh...maybe you could try a BrowserPage.FlushCache to force SILK to regenerate your page structure...I assume that page decl is changed when you click that radio button without silk taking notice of thatchange...