SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to capture a File loaded in browser at runtime?

Hi,
    I would like to know if any one has worked on capturing a File(of any type) name and location at run time using SilkTest.
    Example: I have a link in an HTML file which opens a CSV file at runtime by giving a random name to it. I want my script to capture this randome filename along with its path.
    Thanks,
    Shail

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to capture a File loaded in browser at runtime?

Can you get this by using GetLocation() on the link?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I am sorry. I don't think I made myself clear.I have a program that gets executed on click of a link/HTML button. This program generates a dynamic CSV file by giving a random name to it. Getting file path should not be an issue as it can be hard coded. But my main concern is to capture the name of this file which gets created in Runtime !
    This CSV file gets loaded in a frame in the browser.
    Regards,
    Shail

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shail:
    Hi,
    I am sorry. I don't think I made myself clear.I have a program that gets executed on click of a link/HTML button. This program generates a dynamic CSV file by giving a random name to it. Getting file path should not be an issue as it can be hard coded. But my main concern is to capture the name of this file which gets created in Runtime !
    This CSV file gets loaded in a frame in the browser.
    Regards,
    Shail
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A picture of what this thing looks like would be useful...

Two ideas:

1. If the name of the file is present in the frame as static text, declare the entry generically with a "#-number" tag. Use GetText() to obtain it.

2. If an applet is generated separately and it retain input focus (its caption has color), you might be able to use Desktop.GetActive() to identify it.

john

------------------