User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mouse over pull down issues

Hello,

This is my first post and I'm also pretty new to the SilkTest tool, so please bear with me for the moment.

My issue is this, I am unable to get the recorder to pick up on a pull down that is only available via a 'mouse over'. It cannot be clicked upon, tabbed too, or anything else (I've already asked the developers to fix this, but in the mean time I'd like to move on). I've enabled all the java extensions (we're currently using JDK 1.4), tried to declare the custom window, and am still fighting it.

If anyone has any prior experience in dealing with this issue, any infromation would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot,

Sam

------------------
    Sam
    Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mouse over pull down issues

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trout41:

My issue is this, I am unable to get the recorder to pick up on a pull down that is only available via a 'mouse over'.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could be describing a Menu, combobox, or a tool tip. Tool tips are usually briefly exposed by mouse overs and are famously illusive to being captured using manual Record/Declarations.

One way to get them is to write a quick-n-dirty function that ListPrints a GetChildren() call. Run it first to establish a baseline. Then expose the "pull down" manually and run it again. Compare the two lists to locate what's new in the second run.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Mouse over pull down issues

Try recording a click on the parent control, then pausing playback with an Agent.SetOption(OPT_MOUSE_DELAY, 0.1) a tenth of a second won't slow you too much...

Another approach is to create a new method for the MenuItem class (assuming you are talking about a menuitem)

winclass MenuItem : MenuItem // inherited by java too...
    void Pick()
    WINDOW w = this.GetParent()
    w.MoveMouse()// float over the parent
    this.Pick()
    If it can walk on water, it's probably SilkTest.