SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JavaJFCListBox cant see contents

I tried selecting an item in a JavaJFCListBox using the .Select( "<item>" ) method and it says that is cant find <item>.

I do a print( wMainWin.JavaListBox.GetContents() ) and it prints {} even though the listbox contains 9 items. If I select an index value of 5 it selects the correct item but that is too strict. I need something a little more flexible and dynamic. Any ideas?

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaJFCListBox cant see contents

If your list actually contains String objects (in the java code) then everything should be working OK.
    However, if the list contains other objects (in java code )then ST will identify them by using the toString method of the class. We had to write a whole bunch of toString methods which returned the display name of the object.
    Even so, a ListPrint on list.GetContents(), should return a list containing a whole bunch of object information at least, which is what the default toString method of any java class will return...?
    Anyway, you could try this:
    Find out what class of object is in the list (in the java code).
    Write a toString method for that class, which returns whatever is actually displayed in the list. Now your developers might be using the toString method for their own purposes (debugging etc) so you might have to set up some sort of conditional mechanism.
    Recompile the java code.
    Then try and select by name again.
    Hope any of this helps

------------------

[This message has been edited by johntest (edited 12-04-2002).]
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I encountered this same problem, and found that in my case, I can select an item from the JavaJFCListBox by index. Once I have an item from the listbox selected, I can get the text from it using GetSelText(). I created a function to loop through selecting each item and check it against my desired selection string specified as input parameters to the function. Once it finds the match, it confirms the selection. Not a pretty workaround, but it works in my case.

Aaron

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ryan,

Working with Silk 6.0 are we?

Change the GetContents() to GetContents(TRUE) and see what happens.

As for select() not working properly, I'll have to check some code on Tuesday and report back.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>I need something a little more flexible
    >and dynamic. Any ideas?

Hmmm... Try another tool? We have been checking out the new TestSmith beta from qualityforge.com for our Java applications. So far no problems. (And it really does work "out of the box"!)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan,

IF (that's the qualifier) if nothing mentioned above works for you, can you select each by index and then get text on that item?

------------------