SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Object recognition taking a VERY long time

    Wanted to know if anybody has encountered SilkTest taking quite a long time to recognize an application's objects. I ran a script that just clicks on an object, that's all. It took 9 minutes to complete and the CPU was at 100% during that entire time. I have run the test both using ST5.5 SP3 HF1 and ST6.0. 6.0 actually took over 25 minutes to perform the click.

    My current specs are ST5.5 SP3 HF1, Win 2K SP2, IE 6.0 SP1.

    I am thinking there might be a conflict with the Agent and something in my AUT. My AUT is an hta and uses mshta.exe so I have that set in my extensions and uses the domex.dll as the primary extension. Maybe it's that ST is not so compatable with an hta. Any input would be great to fix this tremendous delay.

    -L.M.


    ------------------

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Bangalore,India
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Object recognition taking a VERY long time

    I did face the same kind of problem. But nothing worked out for me. I even contacted segue guys. The result was the same. I had a problem of 2 exe's. On selection of one item an other application was supposed to open(by invoking a separate .exe) The parent .exe was hanging(This was as per the design). My problem was Silk used to play very slow.

    Now i have stopped working on that project, but very much eager to know if there is any solution for that

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    1,497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Object recognition taking a VERY long time

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msavill:
    ... It took 9 minutes to complete and the CPU was at 100% during that entire time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    One possibility:

    Go into regedit and make sure the following value is set to 0 (zero). Then reboot.


    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]ForegroundLockTimeout


    An obvious symptom of this value being wrong is that the Silk taskbar icon blinks when the tests are running.

    John



    ------------------

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.