SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object recognition taking a VERY long time

Wanted to know if anybody has encountered SilkTest taking quite a long time to recognize an application's objects. I ran a script that just clicks on an object, that's all. It took 9 minutes to complete and the CPU was at 100% during that entire time. I have run the test both using ST5.5 SP3 HF1 and ST6.0. 6.0 actually took over 25 minutes to perform the click.

My current specs are ST5.5 SP3 HF1, Win 2K SP2, IE 6.0 SP1.

I am thinking there might be a conflict with the Agent and something in my AUT. My AUT is an hta and uses mshta.exe so I have that set in my extensions and uses the domex.dll as the primary extension. Maybe it's that ST is not so compatable with an hta. Any input would be great to fix this tremendous delay.

-L.M.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Object recognition taking a VERY long time

I did face the same kind of problem. But nothing worked out for me. I even contacted segue guys. The result was the same. I had a problem of 2 exe's. On selection of one item an other application was supposed to open(by invoking a separate .exe) The parent .exe was hanging(This was as per the design). My problem was Silk used to play very slow.

Now i have stopped working on that project, but very much eager to know if there is any solution for that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Object recognition taking a VERY long time

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msavill:
    ... It took 9 minutes to complete and the CPU was at 100% during that entire time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One possibility:

Go into regedit and make sure the following value is set to 0 (zero). Then reboot.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]ForegroundLockTimeout

An obvious symptom of this value being wrong is that the Silk taskbar icon blinks when the tests are running.

John

------------------