SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way to close the agent at the end of a testcase?

In the web app I'm testing, I close the Browser with Browser.Close() at the end of every testcase. Is there any command that will close the Agent at the end of a testcase?

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there any way to close the agent at the end of a testcase?

You don't want to close Agent if you kill it you can't go to next testcase.
    You shuold kill the browser process if you are having trouble close it after each testcase. you can use pskill.exe (free exe available on internet)to close it. This is what i do.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just for playing around at development time. I've been having a madenning problem with the Agent the last few days. Something happened (see my other thread further down the page) so that now at the beginning of every testcase it sits there for 8 seconds saying "Setting Agent options ... ". If I close the Agent after a testcase, the next time it runs, it fires off without any wait, then goes back to stalling every time. It's a big pain, and I've taken to closing it with a right-click from the TaskBar every time that I remember to, 3 seconds of nuisance versus 8 seconds of frustrating waiting around. When I'm developing, I run practice testcases hundreds of times a day. I haven't found the answer yet, and I was just hoping there would be some code command that would do it and I could comment it out for real test runs.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you must then it has to be done outside of ST because if it kills itself it can't wake up. You can use a .bat file to kill the agent and restart it again.
    If i can remember correctly that agent wait problem was associated with a particular build of ST. Call support they may have a solution to this slow agent problem

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it would wake up and get out of bed the very next time I start off another testcase. I'm talking about kicking off testcases manually, one at a time.

I've been using 5.5.3 for several months, and this just started happening. Segue Support was unable to reproduce it when I called them. I can only think I inadvertently hit some button somewhere in changing from one option set to another. It does this in testing on Netscape, not on IE testing against the same application. When I first started to figure out how to get the scripts I had built on IE to work with Netscape, I started switching optionsets from one to the other, and this started happening then. I can't figure out what happened or why. Segue was stumped, too.

------------------