SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Option for delay to display windows

I tried to display the report but it does not show because it takes few seconds to come out the report/display the report. Could anybody help me how do I declare delay for wait to run the report. I will appreciate for this.

Thanks.

Anis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Option for delay to display windows

Use GetOption() to obtain and store the current "Window timeout (seconds)" value. This value is globally set in the Options/Agent dialog.

Follow this by doing a SetOption() using a higher timeout value inside your Invoke() routine for the report. (Use the Copy to Clipboard button.)

Then reset the timeout with another SetOption() call to restore the original value so that the temporary setting doesn't affect other operations.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also use the Sleep() function to pause your testcase's execution. This allows your app to complete it's tasks. For example...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option:

Just to be sure I understand the problem correctly: A report runs for some time and you need Silk to wait until the report is done before proceding. Hopefully I got that part right.

So, I would image that there is something (a new page, a dialog, something) that indicates that the report is done. So, just wait till that page appears before continue.

So, what the above will do is simple wait for whatever the next page or dialog is that lets you know the report is done. This way, the report can take a second, or 5 minutes, and the code will take over whenever the report finishes.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John makes a good point - a bail out latch. This can be done with a counter if you know, for instance, that the report will always be done within 1 minutes. So, if the sleep() is set to 1 second, set the upper bound of the counter to 60.

Another method which works for long runs is to set a timer and check how much time would go by. This worked out good when I was doing Wafer Inspection testing in which a test could be from 15 minutes to 2 hours and Silk would just have to sit there and wait.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget to add a bail-out counter to David's IfExists() loop. Do this by incrementing a integer and testing it for an upper limit that you define globally with a const. Otherwise, if the report never appears, you've effectively killed the entire test run with an infinite loop.

If you have a number of these time-sensitive or link sensitive windows, it's best to apply this kind of wait or retry logic in your own class within the Invoke() routine.