SPONSORS:

User Tag List

JavaDialogBox.GetContents () does not return the entire contents of the list

I am testing a stand-alone Java application using JDK 1.4.1_01.

Problem: When I use JavaDialogBox.GetContents (), it does not return the entire contents of the list. Furthermore, when I run ListCount (), it only returns 11 items when it should return 18 items.

See attachment for code.

Error Messages:

Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Thanks in advance

------------------

[This message has been edited by QATester25 (edited 11-25-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaDialogBox.GetContents () does not return the entire contents of the list

It's possible that one of the items has children or the class is ignored. Check the record classes dialog to see if it's ignored- you can also use this to see if an item has children. ie., If you had a pagelist with 5 text fields, it does not include the text fields in the count, only the pagelist.

Anthony

------------------

Re: JavaDialogBox.GetContents () does not return the entire contents of the list

I ran record/class and moused over each item listed in my JavaDialogBox.

For each item that I moused over FixedSearchError.<TextName>Text appeared in the Window box and JavaJFCStaticText appeared in the Class name field.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you running Silk 6.0? If so, I opened problem report 68166 with Segue last week to report a similar problem with GetChildren() calls. Even if you force Silk to include 'hidden' objects by passing TRUE to the GetContents() or GetChildren() calls you still might not get all objects. Placement of the object in relationship to its containers' borders appears to be important too. If they're too close, data will be lost - even though the objects remain completely visible.

Note that this does not fail when using Silk 5.0.3.1 and I suspect that it also doesn't fail any other intervening releases.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that I am using ST 6.0.

Also, you are right, when I use GetContents (TRUE), ListCount returns 19 items (also includes the OK button), however, when I use GetContents (FALSE), which is also the default, ListCount only returns 11 items which is incorrect.

I also sent an e-mail to Segue support outlining this problem, however, I have not received a reply. . .

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm seeing the same problem. Though in my case GetChildren() is consistently stopping at 34 items (as reported by ListCount). I know there's more children since I can see them displayed on the page!

Waiting doesn't seem to help, or at least not where I'm doing it. I even tried a loop that looks like:

while ( i<100 )
    print( "{ListCount( page.getChildren() ) )}" )
    sleep(1)

And the child count never changes.

Any other ideas on how to kick SilkTest into seeing ALL of the children?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try maximizing the application. Does number of returned values increase?

John

------------------