SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to inherit from class dialogbox

Hi, I never had to inherit before, I guess there is a first time for everything. Here is my situation I have a java applet that has a dialogbox with data in it. I can't use anything like Select(), GetContents() or GetText(), just Click() to get the data from the list.

Because it is of class DialogBox. So I was thinking that I need to inherit from the class to get what I want.

So how do I get started in SilkTest5.5.3 SP3, I don't want to fool around with the winclass.inc file. Can I use a Frame file? Or maybe a .inc file. The DialogBox has just two button OK and Cancel, and a List of data which I can manually doubleclick to select.

------------------
    Goodness is a part of life just like the Devil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to inherit from class dialogbox

It has to be a JAVA dialog box.
    You cannot talk JAVA to a non-java dialog box- you can inherit all day- it still will not work.

Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my win class I inherited from can I use this class since the JavaDialogBox class comes from this class

public winclass PopupWindow : MoveableWin

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spaceraider:
    Here is my win class I inherited from can I use this class since the JavaDialogBox class comes from this class

public winclass PopupWindow : MoveableWin
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Inheritance doesn't work that way. What you've define above creates a variant of MoveableWin. It has no affect on Dialogbox instances because it isn't in the direct line of succession. MoveableWin is a virtual class. Unless you're plan to add something truly unique at this deep level, you're working in the wrong area.

What you're describing in your initial post is pretty vague especially with the shifting of unrelated terms.

As a general rule there's little need to create new class variants unless you are planning to factor out commonality, to add methods that don't currently exist to meet specialization requirements, or replace current methods with your own variants for whatever reason. Even this is often unnecessary if the instance count for those custom classes is only 1 or 2 - just stick the code into the declarations for those instances.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I understand all that but, maybe I'm having a recognition problem with the J2EE SDK v1.4. Like I said earlier, I have a JavaDialogBox that has data in a listbox with a scrollbar on the side which contains data like state abbreviations etc.... Does anyone know how to get JavaDialogBox to select data instead of using CLICK(b,x,y).

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spaceraider:
    Does anyone know how to get JavaDialogBox to select data instead of using CLICK(b,x,y).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MyDialogbox.MyBoxName.Select("this item") // item name

MyDialogbox.MyBoxName.Select(4) // the 4th item

John

------------------