SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to declare a window to variable this

Hello, I am new to silk and currently there are a set of switch statements that are being used and the initial run through of the switch statement is in the main window, and the word this is being used. Well at the end of this statement you click on an ok button and go to a different window but it needs to run through the same switch statements again. Is there a an easy way to do this by declaring what the window this will be?

Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to declare a window to variable this

I can see at least 3 different ways to answer this. Can you provide a code example or two about how you intend to use it so that we can focus on an appropriate solution?
    Knowing something general about what the switch statement does, would also be useful.

The three possible solutions are:

1. code the switch block into function.

2. code the switch block into an instance method.

3. code the switch block into method for a special class to be applied to instances where it's needed.

Take a look at the "UBB Code is.." link on the left before you post actual code. (It makes the code fragments easier on the read).

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to declare a window to variable this

Hi John,

I actually figured out how to get around this and have this work fine. I do appreciate the advice you gave to me though.

------------------