SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Does anyone else have problems expanding/collapsing folders?

I have had a consistent problem with expanding/collapsing folders both in ST 5.5 and 6.0. I am testing a standalone java application using jdk 1.4.1_01 and win 2000. I was just wondering if this is a bug in ST that I should report and/or if anyone else has had this problem. . .

SilkTest frequently complains that it cannot expand/collapse a particular folder. This problem only occurs if the SilkTest application has been closed and I am just beginning to run my test scripts. I then re-record the portion of the testcase that involves expanding and collapsing the folders and then my testcase works fine. . .

Does anyone have any input on this?

Sample Code:
    [ ] AC_Desktop.SetActive ()
    [ ]AC_Desktop.ViewMenu.BrowserTabsMenuItem.ADOListsMe nuItem.Pick ()
    [ ] AC_Desktop.DesktopMain.ADOListsTab.ADOListsTreeVie w.Expand ("REAL TIME INDEXES")
    [ ] AC_Desktop.DesktopMain.ADOListsTab.ADOListsTreeVie w.Expand ("FTSE 100 CONSTITUANTS")

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Does anyone else have problems expanding/collapsing folders?

Had a similar problem. With the app I was using I was using the built-in classes that SilkTest has defined. Turns out that the developers had modified the classes a little bit. I recorded a new class for that control and then changed the class names for the objects to match the new class and then things were off and running.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com