User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

window CustomWin instead of window BrowserChild

Hello:

I'm new to SilkTest and in the process of taking a training class through Seque.

When I declared the first window (home page) it was recorded as window CustomWin instead of window BrowserChild. When I run test cases they pass but I get the warning message: "*** Warning: wMainWindow should be of class BrowserChild".

I am stumped as to what I did wrong when I recorded this window.

Any ideas?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: window CustomWin instead of window BrowserChild

"CustomWins" are Silk's way of telling you that it doesn't know exactly which class it should assign to an object that it has encountered.

There's a couple of way to adjust for this:

1. Re-record the framework.

2. Manually change the class of the indicated instance from CustomWin to BrowserChild.

3. To preview what Silk sees you can compile your code and use Record/Identifier. As you pass the mouse cursor over various objects you'll see one of two things - your declaration-file defined name, or a dynamic instance of the form:

class("instance_name")...

for the instances that don't have a declaration.

As to why the CustomWin occurred in the first place, there's several possibilities. Haste in capturing the framework may be one. Another might be that Browser support wasn't enabled before the frame was captured.

While you're in class ask them to provide an example of how to avoid frame files or to at least clarify exactly how to modify them to support simultaneous operations of multiple applications.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: window CustomWin instead of window BrowserChild

Another time you will see CustomWin is when you attempt to record declarations on a window while there is an error in your script, like a syntax error for example. The record Decs dialog will come up, but you will see CustomWin all the way through the recording.

------------------