SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get Current Script Line

Is there a method hidden somewhere that will give me the current line of the script at any given moment, or do I need to write a method to do this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Get Current Script Line

I'm guessing guru is got to write a method. If it is for an exception then yes there is one but getting script line at any moment!!!!

------------------
    -gram

[This message has been edited by gram (edited 11-20-2002).]
    -gram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJGray,

Did you find a way of doing this? If so, would you mind posting the code, or even just giving a hint as to how it can be done, please?

Thanks,

Abigail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what Abigail... I just kind of let it drop. There was something failing in my AUT that was causing the script to log an error, but I was unable to discern exactly where it was failing. I thought having the output spit out the specific line of code would help track it down. I figured out the error and let it drop.

However, this would be a valuable thing to have, so I think I might pursue it on my own time and see if I can't whip something up. It shouldn't be too tough to do. I'll let you know what I come up with.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I have a clunky solution, involving deliberately raising an exception (within a do... except...) so that I can use ExceptCalls() to get the line number. It works fine, but I don't like it much, and I was hoping you'd had a better idea.

Abigail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I nest almost everything in a do/except, but even with that, I was not able to nail down exactly what was happening.

I'll work on a solution, but I don't know how elegant it will be.

------------------