SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 6.0 Performance

Has anyone benchmarked SilkTest 6.0 vs. SilkTest 5.5? In my initial evaluations SilkTest 6.0 is a lot slower than ST 5.5. Is anyone else seeing this? My smoketest takes about 45-50 minutes to run in ST 5.5. With ST 6.0 it takes 70 minutes to complete. That is about a 33% decrease in performance. Is there a new setting in ST 6.0 that I can tweak to improve the performance? The way it is right now I think I might pass on this release (6.0) if I can't figure out a way to improve the performance.

Another problem I'm running into is with HTMLLists. In ST 5.5 it would correctly see one HTMLList. With 6.0 it's seeing multiple nested HTMLLists. Anyone else having a problem accessing items in HTMLLists in 6.0?

I also flagged the change in the way ST 6.0 sees browser dialogs (used to see them as MainWin's now it sees them as DialogBox's - no big deal).

Other than the HTMLList and performance issues it was a pretty smooth upgrade.

Thanks.

--Tony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 6.0 Performance

Tony,

I'm keen to know more about your findings as I am using SilkTest as a performance testing tool for getting screen response times on our client/server app.

I've built some scripts in 5.5 working really well and can be benchmarked against manual timings. I hope that 6.0 will be equally good, therefore I'm a bit concerned by your post and want to know more.

I haven't had chance to check version 6.0 out but will do so very soon.

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 6.0 Performance

I'm testing a web application using IE5.5 sp2. My ST 5.5 smoke test usually takes 45 to 50 minutes to complete. The same smoke test takes 70 to 75 minutes to complete using ST 6.0. I can't seem to pin the performance slowdown to one area. I'd be interested in your results as you are specifically testing performance. Thanks.

--Tony

------------------