Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agent speed problem

Hi all,

I want to read a Textfield on my application every second, but my agent seems to slow, cause sometime it skip a read, cause it's too slow!

I tried some solution found on this forums about speeding up agent, but none of the choice I tried succeed. I tried changing my register value for my mem, I tried closing all other window, I tried using a TCP/IP network protocole as well as DISABLED it.

Does anyone encounter a similar problem.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Agent speed problem

Slow down man....
    Explain clearly what are you trying to do. What do you mean agent too slow. Share your code if possible.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which version of Silk?

What type of application - Windows, Java, HTML, VB?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using Windows 2000, silk test 5.0.3 or 5.5 tried both!

The line that causes me problem is this one:

Val(AvantasSui.MainFrame.SubFrame.TelecomDBPanel(d bLowerPanel).StaticText(stds1Frequency).GetText())

This line takes more than one seconds!

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for you.
    So, the problem is that the above code takes time and that causes the agent to skip a lines. Is that correct?

The lines that SilkTest skips, are they random or it skips always the same lines?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No the problem is that I'm doing that reading every seconds, but sometimes the agent is so slow that I skip one or more readings

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SebasB:
    No the problem is that I'm doing that reading every seconds, but sometimes the agent is so slow that I skip one or more readings
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by "skip" ? If this code line is in a loop show us the loop.

If the field in question is asynchronously updated by the application, there's little hope of Silk or any other tool ever obtaining the information quickly enough to guarantee that every flashed message will be captured. If this is the case and getting every message is critical to the proper use of the application then you may have evidence of a usability bug.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I think I've not been clear enough I'll try to clear it up a little!

I have to read a Static Text every second to see the difference between each read.

So I've started a HTIMER and every time it's Over a second a read. All this is in a while loop. So I make the read and after I stored the value in a array. (Storing the value in the array takes approx. .27sec) Then back to the waiting until next seconds append, but sometime it took so much time to do the reading part, that when I come back to the top of the loop, the elapsed time is bigger then a seconds, so it skip a reading.

My loop look like this:

while (true)
    while timerValue() &lt;= oldTimerValue+1seconds
    wait....
    // seconds elapsed
    statictext.GetText()
    stored_the_value()

I think I did clear it up, so if anybody as a idea or question.. Reply!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it does'nt seem right(apologize if i got it wrong) Why do you want to check a Static Text every second? you may only want to verify if the text keeps changing!!!
    Timing depends on agent options and the code, that is if you perform multiple events in your while loop, then obviously your loop is going to take time. a suggestion would be to only print in the while loop, until desired, the results to res but the timing would not necessarily(you could play around) be precise one second results. In res to specifically categorize this output check out 'ResPrintList'.

------------------
    -gram
    -gram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to first - read every second
    - and stored it in a array!

And my loop is working sometimes very well, I can run it for like 12 seconds and sometimes no error will be detect(by error I mean reading skipped) but other times one or two skipped will be detect.

Thanks anyway, but this solution is not applicable for my problem

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast