SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting Focus to Fantom HtmlText

Hey all, below is a bunch of code that I use to find the top item in a list that is Awaiting shipping, get the PONumber for it and click on the hyperlink associated. This code used to always work like a champ, as it should. But the last two days, it started failing. It's setting the focus to the text, pressing shift tab, then the focus is set to some button that is at the top of the page. I can't even find any text on the page that you could set the focus to then shift tab to this button, because it's located between a couple buttons. My current workaround is setting the focus to "Awaiting Shipping[2]", which is getting the first instance of Awaiting Shipping. So basically I had some fantom HtmlText show up on my page two days ago and it won't leave. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if so, what do you think caused it? I'm sure I haven't changed any settings in SilkTest lately, and the page that I'm testing against hasn't changed. Any help or consideration is appreciated.

[ ] SalesD.HtmlText("Awaiting Shipping[1]").setFocus()
    [ ] SalesD.typeKeys("<Shift-Tab>")
    [ ] theOrder.PONumber = Browser.getFocus().getText()
    [ ] SalesD.typeKeys("<Enter>")

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Setting Focus to Fantom HtmlText

Sack,

My first inclination is to applaud the script for uncovering an unexplained or unexpected change in the code. This very thing happened to me yesterday. Without explaination my script started failing badly. Code that has worked beautifully for some time began blowing chunks.

Turned out that someone had made some configuration changes on the server and an entire section of the web site became completely inaccessible.

Look for what has changed on the application end. Your script has uncovered something here. It may be that the change is acceptable. Perhaps not, but you need to know.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Setting Focus to Fantom HtmlText

A Record/Declarations would likely expose the new 'addition'.

John

------------------