SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hidecalls keyword usage

Looking under Help > attribute declaration and the definition for hidecalls is below. I don't really understand it. Could someone provide a good short example with and without this keyword? Thanks.

"About the hidecalls keyword The keyword hidecalls hides the method from the call stack listed in the results. Using hidecalls allows you to update the expected value of the verification method from the results. If you don't use hidecalls in a verification method, the results file will point to the frame file, where the method is defined, instead of to the script. We recommend that you use hidecalls in all verification methods so you can update the expected values. The Number of Children attribute is listed in the Verify Window dialog when you do an attribute verification"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hidecalls keyword usage

Gives the following results file:
    whereas:

gives the follwing results file without the call to verifyName on the call stack:

The point is this, presumably: if you place your cursor over the '***Error:..." line and hit 'Return' then you are taken to the testcase 'HideCall' rather than the verifyName method.
    It does make sense when you consider that your testcases will be in seperate files to your verification methods.

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John, thanks, that was really clear. Now I totally understand. Why can't Silk hire some people who can explain the stuff in layman's terms?

Just a follow up question, do you know what the number in braces mean? Like...
    [ ] Called from HideCall at fredtest.t(88)
    Sometimes that doesn't correspond to the line number of the code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kchan:
    Why can't Silk hire some people who can explain the stuff in layman's terms?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Money, probably. I guess clear, thoroughly exampled, documentation is always the last item on the agenda. Release dates are always a pressure, and the code base takes priorty.
    Actually, some of the Segue stuff is not so bad, some of the examples could be a lot better, but I have seen worse.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    Just a follow up question, do you know what the number in braces mean? Like...
    [ ] Called from HideCall at fredtest.t(88)
    Sometimes that doesn't correspond to the line number of the code.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    They do in mine, so I'm not quite sure why you have this discrepency.
    Unless maybe you had edited some code from your testcases after running the test...?

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al