SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frameset Recording

I think this is the clearest example for the issue of frameset recording. The frame.inc is my final version of the frame for our site. I did alot of cleaning up and now their is only one task to accomplish - having narrowed it down I hope you might be able to help me. You will see (MyAmBell as example, since it pops up again later) that every window is a frameset containing three children. Every frameset has a unique identifier but all of them have the same tag "New Page 2" since we are not changing the tag with each frameset (not an easy task for the webmasters). The test called "handwritten" is what the recording of a test should look like using silk. i handwrote it from the frame.inc and it runs beautifully. The test called "recorded" is what Silk Test records: every action takes place on MyAmBell!! Of course, because all of the framesets are named the same. The solution is this (but I need an example - no one seems to know if it is possible): I need the tag for every frameset to do the opposite of what its children's tags do; the child tags all point to a specific parent ( tag "MyAmBell/tag|#1 )". The only way to uniquely identify the framesets is to have a tag that points to one of its browser children (there is one unique child per frameset), effectively tying the whole frame together, where: for the frameset -- NOT the correct syntax, I have tried it --, ( tag "New Page 2/ABrowserChildUniqueToThisFrameset|#2". Anyone have an idea or two? Remember, getting the name to change per frameset on our site is NOT going to happen anytime soon. Thanks alot!!

sample scripts:
    examples.zip

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Frameset Recording

I'm not sure what the question is, but in looking at your tags, you've used two cool techniques that I use all the time, but never within the same tag. The SLASH (/) it seems, breaks functionality of the OR (|) operator.

p.s. to use a child to distinguish two parents that would otherwise have the same tag, use the .. form as here. The .. means, I still want the object to be the object referenced prior to the preceding slash:

window someclass First
    tag "[someclass]#1/[someotherclass]first/.."

window someclass Second
    tag "[someclass]#1/[someotherclass]second/.."
    ------------------
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Matt Sullivan (edited 01-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Matt Sullivan (edited 01-31-2000).]
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Frameset Recording

Thanks alot Matt - I will try those tag styles. I am currently using a new frame setup which works in a better way than I expected: I simply bump all the children up to the status of window, then use the parent tag for all of them to point to the one page which contains the rest of the frame declarations. I actually get more information during recording from this method because it doesn't use the unique identifiers I created but the class names with the actual content of the object (I use alot of variables so this is great - i don't have to do alot of re-writing!). Anyway, thanks again!

------------------