SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Silk Freeze at the end of test cases if you don\'t click on Silk Window manually?

After I ran any test cases under Silk Test (WINDOWS XP), at the end I have to Click manually Silk Test window to Open results.
    If I don't click on Silk once it finished test cases, the Silk Window get freeze instead of open result window.
    Once silk window freeze, I need to go to Taskbar Manager and kill the EXE for Silk.
    I don't have the same problem on Windows 2000, the only problem is on Windows XP.

Does anybody have any idea? Please help me.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why Silk Freeze at the end of test cases if you don\'t click on Silk Window manually?

Could you print the very last Agent calls before it freezes by going to 'Runtime' and checking the option 'Print Agent Calls'. It would help.

Also what version/sp are you using on XP?

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 10-31-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why Silk Freeze at the end of test cases if you don\'t click on Silk Window manually?

First all of thanks for your reply KS. But my problem is what ever test I ran, Silk window freeze.
    Here is the sample agent call you want.
    [-] Testcase t1 - Passed
    [ ] AspenPlus.SetActive ()
    [ ] AspenPlus.File.Open.Pick ()
    [ ] wOpen.SetActive ()
    [ ] wOpen.Cancel.Click ()

Even after this small test, silk will not pop up the result window automatically.
    I need to click manually immediately on silk otherwise Silk window freeze.
    I am using Silk Test Version 5.5 WITHOUT any service pack.
    Waiting for your reply

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 is not ideal for XP, upgrade to SP3 if possible.

------------------

After you install SP3 you might want to pick Help/About menu item in Silk Test and check for "Release 5.5.3.1 [1047]" to make sure you have the right service pack installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have installed SP3 and I have 5.5.3.0 (1016). What version have you installed to have 5.5.3.1 ?

------------------
    Remy
    Remy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Remyw:
    I have installed SP3 and I have 5.5.3.0 (1016). What version have you installed to have 5.5.3.1 ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5.0.3.1 build 1047 is the version currently downloadable from Segue's web site.

John

------------------

I have installed "SilkTest55_SP3HF1.exe"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded PowerToys for WindowsXP (Tweak UI) off the Microsoft website.

I found the settings that corrected the problem. In the Tweak UI application:
    1. Expand General.
    2. Select Focus
    3. Uncheck Prevent applications from stealing focus
    4. Flash task bar button 3 times

NOTE: This bug is in versions through Silk Test 7.5.