SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dialog Based Application

I am testing a dialog based application that can start up in many differnt dialogs based on the computer configuration. There is no MainWin that is guaranteed to appear, and if it does, it is not easy to get back to it for use as a base state. If I declare this as a MainWin and as my wMainWindow the Recovery sytem usually gives me an error stating that [MainWin]... is not found. Is there a way to leverage the Recovery System without declaring a wMainWindow or having a MainWin?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dialog Based Application

the quick thing to try first is to declare the dialog as a MainWin. In the tag, you can lie to Silk so the DialogBox will have MainWin's methods and properties, e.g.

MainWin MyDialog
    tag "[DialogBox]Whatever shows up on title bar"

you may then need to tweak with the Start method, etc. to get the recovery system to work properly.
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dialog Based Application

Hopefully, you've resolved this by now, but if not, here's a flexible solution:

In your MainWin declaration, set the tag equal to an empty string:

Then override the MainWin Invoke method to fill in sTag string with the tag of whatever dialog happens to pop up when you launch your application:

Then write your script:

Hope this helps.

Lawrence
    Lawrence Horwitz
    Automation Team Lead
    Quark, Inc.