SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FTP/wininet.dll; I can\'t get it to work >:-o

Have you tried to load the files from within silktest. If that doesn't work do a search on handle in the help files to see if there is away to call the inc files. Why are you using other peoples stuff doesn't silktest come with it's own inc files to connect?

------------------
    Goodness is a part of life just like the Devil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTP/wininet.dll; I can\'t get it to work >:-o

Here is some background:

I am on a lan at work (duh). I use a proxyserver to access the net. When I go to Start > run > cmd... and Do my ftp business from there, all is well, no flaws. When i try to use silktest with some ftp inc's people have graciously posted, I can't connect to the server. I am wondering if the proxy server has anything to do with it. Thanks for any help!!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using other people's files simply because I was unable to find any information in silk regarding ftp transfers. I am not sure what you mean by

"load the files from within silk"

When i try to connect using the wininet.dll functions, it returns 0, meaning I didn't connect. this is the problem I am having.

thanx

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not used my FTP stuff with a proxyserver, so I can't tell you exactly what you need to do -- BUT -- you'll note that there are 2 "empty" params in the open string in the examples I posted.

Guess what? Those empty params are proxy related. At least that's what the function prototype names them.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ternetopen.asp

for a discussion of how this might have to work.

Hope that helps!

------------------