SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to activate window from background.

Can you manually set the one in the background active? If not, SilkTest wont be able to do it either. What error does it give you?

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to activate window from background.

I am deleting a file through webfolders.
    In this process, 2 error window popup, one remains activated and another goes in the background.

I need some way to activate the window in the background.
    I tried to use SetActive, but it somehow doesn't work.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the TypeKeys () function. You can use window.TypeKeys ("<Alt-Tab>") to tab between various dialogs.

------------------
    never say die
    Life, that dares send, A challenge to his end,
    And when it comes say, Welcome friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by karthik_leo:
    I am deleting a file through webfolders.
    In this process, 2 error window popup, one remains activated and another goes in the background.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to take a different approach. If the second window is a duplicate of the first, write it up as a usability bug.

If it isn't a duplicate and a human user can't easily get to it, write it up as a usability bug.

And, if by 'window' you actually mean "dialog", then it's possible that the activated one is modal so you'll have to close it first in order to get to the second one.

John

------------------