User Tag List

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Extension selections are blanked out after restart ST

This info is saved in .ini file. Make sure your ini file is not read only. Also Make sure you have enough space left on your hard drive sometimes that also causes it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extension selections are blanked out after restart ST

Win2000/ST531:

When SilkTest is re-started, the previous extension setting for the controller is usually "remembered". Occasionally, however, I found extension setting is blanked out. Anybody has idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

------------------

I had similar problem with extensions getting erased. After spending a day on this issue, I could figure out what was going on. I am not sure if this is the case with you.

1.) I started my research by directly trying to enter the extension information into extend.ini (for extensions dialog inside Silk Test) & partner.ini (for extensions dialog outside Silk called Extension Enabler) and trying to save these files. I couldn't save them. When I checked the attributes, they weren't read-only.

2.) My second approach was to disable services (NT services) that I thought would be sharing these files and blocking me not to edit these files. Some of them are Silk Meter, Agent, IIS etc. This also didn't resolve the issue.

My last approach was to perform above option 2, plus close all the apps on my desktop. I also opened Task Manager, went into processes tab, sorted the processes by Mem Usage and started killing the processes that I thought wouldn't be necessary. There was a javaw.exe process running all the time on my desktop without my notice that was creating all this mess. After killing this process I could successfully change my extensions without any problem.

Hope something like this would be the case for you also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response. In my case, I found that AllowExtensions=FALSE in the option file. It should be AllowExtensions=TRUE

------------------