SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems of WinDecl differently on Different Machines

I have ended up with another problem, probably you could help. I have my scripts prepared on My Machine which records the application as mentioned in the attached file (Machine1.inc). The same application is recorded differently in different machines. (Machine2 and Machine3.inc - files attached). Check the window declarations after Customwin Shell Embedding. This is creating a lot of problems as my scripts are not running on other machines with the same application with the same version. The OS on which all these applications running are Win 2000. The settings are included in the extension enabler.
    Could you please help me regarding this ASAP.

Thanking you in advance. Expecting you reply very soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems of WinDecl differently on Different Machines

The first question that comes to my mind is whether you have the class map settings "the same" on all the machines.

Check under Options -> Class Map.

The thing that makes me think about this first is the fact that your ThunderRT6UserDocumentDC1 decl would certainly appear to be set to "ignore" on Machine1 and NOT on Machine2.

If the settings aren't identical, then the results won't be, either. In this case, you might consider creating an Option Set on your "master" machine and then using that Option Set on all other machines as a way of ensuring that your configurations are the same.

Now, if they are identical ... you can ignore my suggestion < grin >.

------------------

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this..
    Just make sure your window declaration options are same on all three machine. Or creat an option set file and use it on all three machines.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I had same problem and the best solution to that looking to my experience is: It is better to make window declarations on one machine save the INC and the OPT to a network location and always open the OPT from the network location before running the script.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Manual (edited 10-22-2002).]