SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verify Almost Everything?

Is there a way to use GetEverything and/or VerifyEverything to ignore the contents of certain controls?

I have a dialog with a listbox that contains a list which is contantly changing. I want to verify that all of the controls in the dialog are the same as expected, but ignore the contents of the listbox.

------------------
    -Josh
    -Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Verify Almost Everything?

Look at the class definition of your control in "winclass.inc". Everything declared as an "attribute" of the control will be verified. You can add attributes, or remove them if you don's want them included.

To do want you want, edit the definition of "winclass ListBox : Control" and comment out the line starting with "attribute "Contents".

But -- you could cripple other tests that use that attribute for other ListBoxes. I prefer not to touch the standard "winclass.inc". I prefer creating my own Verification functions that look at only the things that I am interested in.

You could also copy the "winclass ListBox" definition to "winclass MyListBox", make the modification and change it in your window declaration.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 10-17-2002).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    That is not a bad idea, but isn't property set does the same thing for you without going into winclass.inc? I may be wrong..

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KS -- I thought it used the properties too.
    It has been a long time since I used the "Everything()" methods -- so I checked SilkTest online help, which seems to say it uses the attributes:

"The attributes of window classes are defined within the window class declaration using the attribute keyword. For a list of the attributes defined for the built-in classes, see the file winclass.inc."

I remember that when we upgraded from QAPartner to SilkTest 5.0, all of the Everything() methods changed because of revisions in winclass.ini.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably use the copy of the winclass, since all the windows that I'm verifying are of a certain type anyway.

------------------
    -Josh
    -Josh