User Tag List

Wil
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Desktop.GetChildren( ) locks up Silk Test

I was wondering if anyone has run into this or a similar problem before.
    In a multitestcase environment ‘Desktop.GetChildren( )’ locks up Silk Test, when called from “appstate BaseState” if more than one agent is connected. It works fine if only one agent is connected.

I have gone over my code several times, I don't think I am doing anything our of the ordinary.

Attached is a sample of the code that causes the issue.

In our BaseState function we need to determine what windows are open. If anyone has any suggestions on how this can be accomplished without calling the GetChildren() method it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Wil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Desktop.GetChildren( ) locks up Silk Test

As a possible work around, try an:

for each [expected window]
    if [window].Exists() ... [window].GetCloseWindows()

block instead.

John

------------------

Wil
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been out of the office so I haven't had a chance to reply until now.

This would be a good solution except our product has more than one main executable. There are approximately 80 main executables (example. purchase order, vendor, etc...) any of which could be launched/open at any time during a test (one of our business flows). Each executable can then spawn multiple dialogs. It is feasible that there could be any number of executables/dialogs open when the automated test fails.

We were hoping to make a generic BaseState that can be used for the majority of our tests.

I assumed that Desktop.GetChildren() was a basic SilkTest method call that should work when running an automated test on more than one agent (I guess I was wrong). Does anyone know if this is not the case?

Thanks,
    Wil

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use the FindWindow function and test for the existence of each window returned. Optionally, try DialogBox("Program Manager").GetParent().GetChildren(). Sometimes SilkTest acts better when it has a specific window to work with and references from it.
    Andy Bachman