SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlPushButton always enabled

I'm trying to verify the enabled/disabled status of some buttons in different states of our applciation, but for some reason the buttons are always being perceived by Silk as enabled, even though they are clearly disabled. The developers are not doing anything special, just toggling the property based on the state of the app, and also certain user actions. Anyone have this problem, and any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlPushButton always enabled

Try using a boolean expression setting the buttons to the opposite of the state your trying to verify.
    Example
    const BOOLEAN bcontrol = FALSE

------------------
    Goodness is a part of life just like the Devil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I follow. What does setting a boolean variable do to the status of the object property, and my ability to read that status?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a similar problem. The following code always Fails when the push button is clearly disabled.

testcase test() appstate none

Browser.SetActive()
    BOOLEAN bExpected,bActual

bExpected = FALSE
    bActual = LoginPage.Submit.IsEnabled()

Verify(bActual, bExpected)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add me to the list of people with the same problem.

------------------
    Adam Kuczkowski
    akuczkowski@frametech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there is another bug. The API call IsWindowEnabled (user32) also returns TRUE everytime. Maybe that is why....

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a workaround using the cursor type when placed over the button. You could also probably check the font to make sure it is not bold. I didn't try that but I think it will also work. Here is some working code.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it a javascript thing?

I'm just beginning to wrestle with that stuff in trying to test the app we're working on. It's got all kinds of stuff in the html that's mixed in with javascript for controlling how it presents, depending on the user's actions, without calling back to the server for new html. So as far as I can tell, Silk sees the same things in front of it all the time, although my own eyes see different things. The developers here don't know Silk much at all, and I haven't been able to make much headway in solving what's happening, either. I'm a self-taught intern here.

Anyway, what caught my eye was your saying it calls itself enabled when it's plainly not. I see IsEnabled() and IsVisible() and IsActive() returning TRUE for lots of stuff that's either not enabled, not seen on the page, or plainly not active. Very frustrating. No answer for you, but maybe a pointer in the direction you need to look?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair in my case our buttons are actually seen as HtmlText. However I was still hoping plain old IsEnabled would return what I see, but it doesn't. Anyway, the cursor solution doesn't work for me either, because the cursor is the hand icon on both the enabled and disabled button. BTW, the hand icon doesn't even seem to be a recognized cursor type by silk. Also I checked all the properties for the button (htmltext in my case) that I can get, and none of the font or color properties are any different from an enabled button. So i'm still in search of a solution. This isn't stopping me from working on other things, but at some point i'll need to get something working for this.

------------------
    Adam Kuczkowski
    akuczkowski@frametech.com

[This message has been edited by akuczkowski (edited 02-14-2003).]