SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closing Applications

Does anyone know how to automatically close a window on the desktop?

I can start SilkTest with a batch file (by starting partner.exe) but how do you close it after it has completed testing? I would also like to close the browser it opens as well.

Help greatly appreciated

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Closing Applications

Use

TestCaseExit ()
    if MainWin.Exists ()
    MainWin.Close ()

or you can get fancy and have a list of windows to cycle through

The top is if you want to close the MainWin after each testcase, if you just want to close it after a complete run, use:

ScriptExit () instead of TestCaseEnter ()

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 01-21-2000).]
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MainWin.Exit() exits the application containing the main window but how do I exit SilkTest? This may be more of a windows question. Is there a command that kills a process? Like Unix kill.

Try using the -q switch for command line processing. This will close the partner.exe after the script is done running. It is documented in the User's Guide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing your reason for doing this is the same as ours, AGENT.EXE very clearly has a resource leak and slows down. I told their support about this and it's been in there a pretty long time.

Anyway, we've been killing Partner by including a kill.exe program in our script directory and creating a ScriptExit() function to execute it.

Now I feel foolish having seen the -q parameter from last posting. I thought this was simply a shortened version of -query, so now I'll simply change my bat to include a -q in addition to -r.

Thanks John
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Matt Sullivan (edited 01-21-2000).]
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NT Resource kit has UNIX like commands - kill, diff, ls, etc.

Olinda

------------------