SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playback sees dialog with fully qualified name, failing run

I recorded testcases to test the Previous button in each of the dialog of a wizard in a Java app. When I run the testcase starting from the last dialog, pressing the Prev button in each dialog until it gets to the fisrt, it would get stuck at dialog4 because it recognizes that dialog with the fully qualified name, not with the dialog identifier (which it used when I recorded the action). If I change the identifer of the dialog to the fully qualified. then the testcase would complete successfully. It's ok if I just have this testcase. But there are 9 others, if I run the testcase starting with the 5th dialog, it would now fail at the 4th dialog because now it sees the name of the dialog using the idenfier, not the fully qualified dialog object name. Why is this happening?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Playback sees dialog with fully qualified name, failing run

kchan,

Could you tell us what exactly are these fully qualified dialog object names and the identifiers that you are referring to. Do you mean to say that SilkTest, changes the way it recognizes the objects ? PLease clarify.

Meanwhile check out the info on Muilttags, wherein you can supply more than one tag to an object so whichever is present will work. Let us know.

------------------
    never say die
    Life, that dares send, A challenge to his end,
    And when it comes say, Welcome friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly, it changes the way it recognizes the dialog object. What I meant by fully qualified name is when you don't have the window declared, and you do a Record > Window Identifers, you see a longer name than after it's been declared.

I also tried multitag, caption name separately with index, id, and location. But they didn't help. Just for clarification, this is a Java app and not standard Windows app.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kchan,

Plop some code up here that shows how this is being called, and what the declarations are. It might also be helpful to see the error message that is being displayed. I have an idea that it is saying "can't find window asdfasdfasdfasfasd" or someting of that nature.

------------------