SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drag and Drop on List View

Hi, Can any one of you give me a solution for my problem.

I have a ListView and I need to drag the contents of that into a TreeView. For me Begin Drag and End Drag does not work. Therez an inconsistency.Once it works and the next time it does not. I have also tried Mouse Press and Release. I was unsuccessfull. My application is VB and OS is Win2k. The function I have written for this is as follows,

Toolkit.QuoteList.SetActive ()
    Toolkit.QuoteList.Quote_List.BeginQuote.Select ("1q2w3r;0078T11C25B015V1;3244MV2K5B4U1M5G1T1C1C2C 4F5 ;Temperature;;25;15;10;C")Toolkit.QuoteList.Quote_ List.BeginQuote.BeginDrag (1, "1q2w3r;0078T11C25B015V1;3244MV2K5B4U1M5G1T1C1C2C4 F5 ;Temperature;;25;15;10;C")
    Toolkit.QuoteList.Quote_List.EndQuote.EndDrag("/Quote Items")
    HowToAdd.SetActive ()
    HowToAdd.OK.Click ()
    MessageBox.SetActive ()
    MessageBox.OK.Click ()

The problem here is mouse move as per the code but the contents in the list view is not dragged into Treeview. Only when the contents are dragged we get a Dialog box (How to Add), but the error i get is as follows,
    Testcase DragDrop - 1 error
    *** Error: Window '[DialogBox]#1' was not found
    Occurred in SetActive
    Called from DragDrop at toolkittemp.t(189)

------------------
    btvenkatesh@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Drag and Drop on List View

How is the tag defined for the "HowToAdd" dialog box ?

You might want to remove any "parent" and add "~ActiveApp/" to the tag. See online help for more info.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Drag and Drop on List View

Can you show us the declarations in a square-bracketed code block? (Click on the "UBB code is.." link to the left for instructions on how to do this.)

You might also "compile all" your test, then perform a Record/Actions to see what Silk uses to code the drag/drop.

John

------------------