SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scrolling frames

I've got a site that has a central scrolling frame with checkboxes on it. I need to check one whose Rect is within the BrowserPage, but not within the frame. Visually I can't see this checkbox because it's "under" the footer frame. Manually, I need to scroll down the center frame in order to see and interact with it.

I think the "Automatically scroll windows into view" agent option is basing it's need to scroll on whether the control is within the Rect of the BrowserPage.

I guess the question is...anybody have a similar problem? How did you solve it?

If it's not a common problem...does anyone know how to control a frame's scrollbar? It's not recognized as a control, so I have no clue how to deal with it programmatically, and I shudder at the idea of hard-coding click coordinates, especially since I do not want to have to enforce a screen resolution standard on our QA department.

Help!

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scrolling frames

Did you try Maximizing the Browser Window?
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Scrolling frames

It wasn't a problem with the size of the browser window...it was fully maximized.

There truly is a problem with the way SilkTest is deciding whether a framed object is "in view" and doesn't take into account the size of any bottom frames.

I worked around this specific issue by turning off verify_exposed prior to the click. Bad solution, but I had to get this done.