SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results file from distributed testing

I'm running test cases at the same time on 2 PC's. What is happening is that 2 threads are running at the same time, one on PC 1 and one on PC 2.

When viewing the results file, the results are all over the place. As 2 test cases are run at the same time, both sets on results are displayed within each other.

I have "Log ... machine for each output line" ticked, but this isn't enough.

I want to know if there is a way to display the result of that thread, once the thread has finished?

For Example, is there a way to store the result of that threat temporally some where else, and once the thread has completed, then add it to the *.res file, making easier to read.

Thanks in advance...

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...

[This message has been edited by tsika (edited 09-30-2002).]
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Results file from distributed testing

tsika,

There is probably a better and easier way to do this, but I've written my own output methods _Print1, _Print2 _Print3, _LogError, etc. These allow me to pass params and manipulate my output. I can nest statements, spit out to a text file, or HTML output. It would be possible to pass a machine name in to this as well and based on the machine name, log results one way or another.

Hopefully others will have a more elegant and simple solution for you.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Results file from distributed testing

As a variant to DJ's approach I replaced most every occurance of Print() with Audit() to minimize the overall size of results files. The Audit() method merely adds the passed parameters to a global list of strings. This list is only printed to the results file when a testcase fails and it is always reset in testcaseexit.

You could extend this to handle separate lists for each PC. Note that the ExceptPrint routines ignore this treatment and will appear separately.

John

------------------