SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Declarations for mutliple windows in single page

A page in my web application is structured with 10 tabs, each tab has different elements like textbox,checkbox,option etc,
    I recorded window declarations for each tab by highlighting them
    So my inc file has 10 browser windows,
    when i am using window identifier to identify elements I found each element is recognized as custom classes,I think there is some conflict in tags,Can anyone give me right approach in handling this complex page

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Declarations for mutliple windows in single page

One approach for pages with multiple tabs is to move the tab out of the original window declaration.

Preface the declaration with window and add a parent statement that refers to the declaration you removed the tab from.

As for each element being recognized as a custom class - try Class Mapping. It might not work, but it's usually a good place to start.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bruce
    I Gave Window as Perface Declarations,referred to parent tag,with window indentifier it is perfectly identifying the element,but when i run the script it gives error as window [Browser Child] Frameset was not found,here Frameset is the tagname
    Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gsreddy,

You mention two things that need clarification.

What kind of a conflict exists in the tags, is it between the controls on the different tabs or that Silktest identifies them all as custom objects ?

Secondly you mention that SilkTest identifies the items when you move the declaration of the tabs out of the original declaration and append it with the parent statement referring to that of the original declaration. Also when you run the script it invokes an error saying "window [Browser Child] Frameset was not found". how exactly does SilkTest identify the items if it invokes an error ?

One way to go about it is create a class for the controls in all the tabs appending the tags of the objects with the tab name when and where appplicable. Handle the tabs in a separate window declaration with the other objects on the page.

------------------
    never say die
    Life, that dares send, A challenge to his end,
    And when it comes say, Welcome friend.