User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing Java Stanalone Application

Hi All,
    I have been trying to test our Java Client application and it seems no java controls are recognised.I set class path everything as mentioned in silk manual.
    If anyone knows what I need to do more.Pl help me.
    Thanks in advance,

------------------

Re: Testing Java Stanalone Application

How do you start your Java application?

Check whether the silktest_java2.jar is in the classpath of the java commandline arguements.

1.) If you start the java app as follows...

java -classpath .;c:\test\test.jar StartApp

You should add silk jar file to this command's classpath not the CLASSPATH env variable.

2.) If you start the java app as follows...

java -classpath .;c:\test\test.jar;%CLASSPATH%;c:\temp\test2.jar StartApp

then, you need to set the CLASSPATH env variable only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes my application starts with option 1 and it seems adding adding jar file to this path
    causing application start up problem

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I try to record window declaration then I got big path in sCmdLine = "C:\WCS_CLIENT\jre\bin\javaw.exe -Xms67108864 -Djnlpx.jvm=..\jre\bin\javaw.exe -Djnlpx.splashport=1284 -Djnlpx.home=C:\WCS_CLIENT\JWS -Djnlpx.remove=false -Djnlpx.offline=false -Djnlpx.heapsize=67108864,-1 -Djava.security.policy=file:C:\WCS_CLIENT\JWS\javaw s.policy -DtrustProxy=true -classpath C:\WCS_CLIENT\JWS\javaws.jar;C:\WCS_CLIENT\JWS\jav aws-l10n.jar com.sun.javaws.Main http://spike:18000/jnlp/DHL_WCS/wcs.jnlp"

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get SilkTest (v5.5 sp3) to see Java table in a Java application?

In a Java stand-alone application, there is a dialog containing a table with columns and rows, some of the cells in the table are textfields, while others are comboboxed.

Q1. When doing a Record Declaration and put the mouse pointer over the cells, it sees them as the dialog instead of the individual cells. How to overcome this problem?
    Q2. Also while performing a Record Declaration, if you click in a cell of the table, then it recognizes it as an object. For example, if I click in a combobox cell in column1, it sees it as a combobox object, but when I click in a combobox cell in another column, it sees it also as the same combobox. How to overcome this problem?

Q3: Silk is able to see the headers of the table as a table object, but the cells of the table are seen as belonging to the dialog and not the table itself. How to overcome problem?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kchan:

Q1. When doing a Record Declaration and put the mouse pointer over the cells, it sees them as the dialog instead of the individual cells. How to overcome this problem?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually, it should recognize them as a JavaJFCTable. Look carefully at the tag.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    Q2. Also while performing a Record Declaration, if you click in a cell of the table, then it recognizes it as an object. For example, if I click in a combobox cell in column1, it sees it as a combobox object, but when I click in a combobox cell in another column, it sees it also as the same combobox. How to overcome this problem?
    [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's not a problem. This behavior is normal. Objects in a table do not actually exist as controls until they are exposed with a click. At that point the appear as a unlabeled dynamic instance of their class with a "#1" tag. No matter which combobox you click, it'll always be recognized as the only combobox that exists in that table at that moment.

Q3: Silk is able to see the headers of the table as a table object, but the cells of the table are seen as belonging to the dialog and not the table itself. How to overcome problem?
    [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As with Q1 above, I've never actually seen Silk do this. Does this table have any unnusual characteristics? What does a record/declarations for it look like?

John

------------------

Try adding javaw.exe to Extensions inside Silk Test.

Steps...
    1.) Open Silk Test
    2.) Pick Options/Extensions
    3.) Click New, select c:\java1.2\bin\javaw.exe
    4.) Select Java option checkbox for the newly added javaw.exe.

Other than the above steps, you have to take the java command for your app, add silk jar file to classpath and put this command in a .bat file to run. This will reduce your sCmdLine to c:\test\startapp.bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John, Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regarding my Q1:
    It doesn't see the table as a JavaJFCTable. The dialog declaration sees the table as a custom class, so I mapped it to the JavaJFCTable class. After compiling, I do a Record Window Declaration but it still sees the table as a custom class when I hover over it. And when I do a record window identifier, hover over the table, it's seen as the dialog itself, and not as the custom class nor the mapped class.

Regarding my Q2:
    In your explanation that it sees all the comboboxes as one combobox, then how do we specify specific cell? I tried using some of the inherited methods for the JavaJFCTable, such as GetColumnName or GetColumnCount but it came back with a null value.

Regarding my Q3:
    Record/declaration sees the header of the table as a custom object, and the cells of the table as a separate object. I mapped both of them to JavaJFCTable. Of course, as mentioned earlier, after mapping, it still sees them as custom classes again when you do another record/declaration. But when I do a record/action and click in a cell of the table, it picks it up as, generically, dialog.tablecell, instead of dialog.table.tablecell.

Thanks for anymore feedback you may have.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rkamani may be on to something. Do you see other objects such as buttons as members of the PushButton class? If these also appear as custom objects, then Silk isn't configured correctly. Otherwise....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kchan:

Regarding my Q1:
    It doesn't see the table as a JavaJFCTable. The dialog declaration sees the table as a custom class, so I mapped it to the JavaJFCTable class. After compiling, I do a Record Window Declaration but it still sees the table as a custom class when I hover over it. And when I do a record window identifier, hover over the table, it's seen as the dialog itself, and not as the custom class nor the mapped class.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Custom classes can be a challenge. Try a "compile all" under the Run menu to see if that clear ups the Record/Identifier issue. Also, you should check with your development engineers about the derivation of this object. If it's not actually a form of table, mapping won't help.

Regarding my Q2:
    In your explanation that it sees all the comboboxes as one combobox, then how do we specify specific cell?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Identifying one-of-many instances of a given class is done with their tags. If a statictext label is nearby, Silk will typically apply that as a tag. If the locations of each instance are fixed in relationship with each other, then a #number can be used as the tag. In other words, the first instance from top-to-bottom, left-to-right will be tagged "#1", the second as "#2", etc...

Regarding my Q2:
    I tried using some of the inherited methods for the JavaJFCTable, such as GetColumnName or GetColumnCount but it came back with a null value.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Try a getcontents() call instead - to your "cells" table not the "header" table.

Could you post your declarations for this table and provide a picture of it?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick response. And sorry for my late response, too much on my hand. I called Segue and got some help from an engineer there. He looked at it and basically commented that there's no much that can be done except to use low level recording methods. The table is dynamic, in that when you click in a cell, it changes to some other object, such as textfield or droplist. When you hover over the table, Silk doesn't see it and just sees it as the idenifier of the window only.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John J. Miller:
    Rkamani may be on to something. Do you see other objects such as buttons as members of the PushButton class? If these also appear as custom objects, then Silk isn't configured correctly. Otherwise....

Yeap, all the other objects are seen as Java objects.

Originally posted by kchan:

Regarding my Q1:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Custom classes can be a challenge. Try a "compile all" under the Run menu to see if that clear ups the Record/Identifier issue. Also, you should check with your development engineers about the derivation of this object. If it's not actually a form of table, mapping won't help.

Nope, didn't help.

------------------